Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Promotion… But a raise!


So I have some great news and some bad news.  

I’ll start with the bad.  I didn’t get the promotion and I think people in the office are getting mad at me because for the second week in a row I have been the leader in sales by a huge margin.  I don’t really care about them though, I’m doing well and that was my goal.  If they want to get mad why should I care?  The second bit of bad news is that I didn’t get the promotion.  Ludwig has already found another person who is much more qualified to manage a team like ours and although he said, “I am very pleased vith your vork” he doesn’t think I have developed the management skills I need yet.  I was really excited to maybe do something different but I guess that's just the way it is..

Okay so now the good news! After Ludwig told me that he didn’t think I was the man for the management position, he gave me a promotion with some very serious new sales incentives! I did some math and if I keep performing the way I am now I could be making more than I would have in the management position!! I feel like I should celebrate, but it’s kind of hard when you don’t really have anyone to celebrate with… Maybe I’ll see if Ludwig wants to grab a drink at some point.

So it looks like I’m going to continue to work hard, make more money, and have a lot of really unhappy co-workers.  I wonder if any of them will step up and challenge me or if they will just leave me alone at the top.

Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment