Monday, April 2, 2012

A Beer with Ludwig


So for my celebratory beer Ludwig and I went out.  Ludwig is a nice guy but very strange.  It really takes a lot to get him talking but once he is he won’t stop.   I insisted on buying the first round and we had some light conversation about something going on in the Austrian football (soccer) league.  But then once we finished our first beers Ludwig bought two more and all of a sudden put a very serious face.  He told me he was leaving the company because of some political bull shit and wanted me to come with him. 

The moment was short lived because he then told me to think about it and again started talking about Austrian football.  I had stopped listening to him and began thinking about what I should do.  I have been thinking about it until now.  What should I do? I mean, I would have nothing if it wasn’t for him, but I am on a really good track where I am now with this company.  I need to think about this further, but I have a feeling he’s going to want an answer from me at some point soon.   I think I’m actually mad at him for putting me in this situation.  Giving me a raise and then telling me to pick up and leave with him? What the hell, right?!

Zack

1 comment:

  1. I am in a similar situation. I am suppose to trust someone I've only known for days. But so far, Adan seems to know what he is talking about. Really, I only have a hunch of what to do. It is in my best interest to save my brother and not listen to Adan, but I feel that Adan really does have a plan, and knows how to save my brother.. and start something bigger. I do not know what yet. Inquire about his reasoning as much as you can, but in the end you have to follow a hunch.

    ReplyDelete