Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tunnel Jazz bar and Cigarettes


So on Monday night I met up with Michael and Adene at this little jazz restaurant/bar for some drinks and music.  This jazz bar was amazing.  Very little and homey, and the music was great! The beer was relatively cheap and they were serving a number of different small dishes.  Michael and Adene seem to be really nice people.  We sat and talked for some time and they forced me to order my beer and food in German, which consisted of Michael saying something to me in German, and me repeating it to the waiter.  It was pretty funny but helpful I assume. 

Also I am not sure if I have said this in older posts, but there are absolutely NO SMOKING LAWS in Vienna, or most of Austria for that matter.  Literally any establishment you walk into be it an art gallery, a restaurant, or anything in between you will be inhaling second hand smoke.  And I am assuming because of the lax laws, everyone smoke... Michael and Adene included.

Now I Haven’t had a cigarette for years but for some reason I wanted one.  And when Michael offered one to me, I jumped on it.  Before the night was through the 3 of us smoked the whole pack… 

It was a great night. I feel like I saw a part of the city that I would have never seen and I learned a bit of German too, “Ich rauche, Haben Sie Feuer?”  I smoke, do you have a lighter? HA look at me go I can now ask for a lighter to smoke and order a beer!

Zack 

No comments:

Post a Comment