Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Profit and Kebap, not a bad day


Okay so even though I am sitting here at my desk with my neck brace on, kind of out of it from my last few pain killers, I somehow convinced someone to by some software today.  Who would have thought in this state I would be able to sell anything!! My uncle was impressed that I came into work while still dealing with the effects of the crash but I wanted to show him I care about this job, and now he can stop complaining about performance.  Well as long as I keep selling, but who care about that now I made my first sale. BIG WIN!

On another note, since I have been so out of it, I have been getting a lot of prepared food instead of going to the grocery store and making my own, and my god this week I made an amazing discover!

This is a photo of the street directly across from my apt building.  Do you see the sign in the top left corner of the picture that says Pizza Bella & Kebap? Well Kebap may be the best thing I have ever eaten.  It is a giant pita role stuffed with kebap meat, which is basically this giant cut of pork and lamb on a huge rotisserie in the front of the shop.   So okay yah, Kebap meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, yogurt sauce, and hot peppers.  Greasy, cheap, and delicious.  I will probably get one every day! And Oh yah I learned how to ask for one in German!  “Ein Kebap Bitta, mit alles!” One Kebap with everything! OH yah with everything.  Although all of this is great, I would love to meet someone else to share one of these amazing gut bombs with, but I am lost as to how to meet people here.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are back at work Zack, you really are a tough young man getting back at it after the accident. I'm sure your boss sees your commitment now and that you really are trying your best. I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling lonely. Maybe you could learn one of these drinking songs and sing it with some friends at the pubs? I know it's kind of a stretch but it may work! That's how my husband made friends on leave during the WWII. Here is my favorite german song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqYVNKx4sbc&feature=related

    Wishing you a speedy recovery,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Looks like I posted the wrong link there... I had been watching that video earlier.

    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVFL1yAw9E
    -bea

    ReplyDelete